Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday!

Well, I finally felt comfortable enough to bring my "Green Smoothie" to work with me today.


My fellow "trainees" are all super cool and since we've been eating lunch together all week ( in the cafeteria ) I figured they would not be surprised when I showed up with my green goo. I was wrong....In fact, I seriously got a panicked "What is that?!!" from one of my new friends.

I answered, "A spinach smoothie..."

New Friend: "That's disgusting...."

Me: "No it's really good! It tastes like a banana smoothie! You want to try??"

New Friend: "No"

Me: "No really, try!"

New Friend: "No, I'll vomit"

Looks like a have a lot of work ahead of me.......

Today was a short day....I'm exhausted. My training is going well but it's like taking a crammed college course. Luckily, it's everything I expected it to be and I'm ready to move ahead with it on Monday.....

As for working out this week, I'm ashamed to admit that I did absolutely nothing. But, I'm going to give myself a break because I've been pretty overloaded.

I think I need to actually write down some sort of workout sched. I think this will help me get back on track. The thing is my "new" job should actually be easier to work around. I work all days now ( no nights ) and I get off around 3 or 4 ( sometimes maybe sooner? ) so getting into a "routine" should be easy.

I'm hoping that quitting the gym was not a mistake for I really want to prove to myself that I can get just as good of a workout by running and ocean paddling. ( Surfing would just be an "extra" or "in place of paddling " because it's too hard to plan around swells ) So honestly, Why would I pay $60 a month extra just so I can use an Eliptical Machine??? Seriously, This is Hawaii and it's December and  people are freezing their asses off on the mainland right now so I have no excuses!!

Back to food...
After the Green Smoothie reaction I decided it was best not to pull out the giant Nikon in the Cafeteria for lunch so, no pics. Sorry....It wasn't much to look at anyway, just a simple salad with oil and vinegar dressing and a side of brown rice....

As for Dinner.....After the long week I had no desire to cook tonight so we agreed on something cheap but consistently yummy so,  Outback Steak House in Lahaina was the call.

I love Outback's bread :-)

I ordered the Blue Cheese and Pecan Chopped Salad with 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio

Crashing early tonight....Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment