Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flatbread Pizza Co.

After our epic surf session at Jaws on Monday ( taking pictures of "Jaws" that is... ) we braved the gridlock traffic on Hana Hwy ( thanks to the epic surf at Jaws again...) to stop at one of our favorite places to eat on Maui.... Flatbread in Paia!








First we shared their awesome House Salad
Mixed local greens
Surfing Goat Dairy goat cheese ( best goat cheese ever! And it's local!! )
carrots
amare seaweed
celery
sesame seeds
dikon
mushrooms ( Carlos's add on )
housemade pineapple vinegar



and a little bit of Konrad, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc at 11:30 am


and the Veggie Special of the day!
( sorry we ate half before I remembered to take a pic...sorry, hungry )

Veggie Special
herbed feta
marinated banana peppers
Kalamata Olives
red onion
tomotoes
green peppers

So so good!!!! Flatbread makes the best chewy but crispy pizza dough!! Love this place!
Flatbread Pizza is located on Hana Hwy in Paia, Maui

So, back to today....Dec. 8th

I made sure to do a short run today....Just 24 minutes actually, but I ran 1/2 of it this time....This "getting back my running legs" period sucks!!!
I also found myself a manegable wave to surf for about an hour as well.....I had an epic wipeout... in fact, I still have ( 5 hrs later )water coming out of my nose. Awesome....

No breakfast today......I just headed out first thing to check the surf. However, afterwards I had a quick lunch.



Salad
mixed local greens
local cherry tomatoes
organic croutons
blue cheese dressing
Jalapeno and Cheese bread ( Safeway bakery )

snack around mid afternoon...


Left over Baked Chili Yam Fries shared with Carlos...( see early post from today )

Din Din


Safeway brand Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Safeway brand Vodka Sauce!


I have to admit....I've tried a lot of Safeway Brand foods and they are all pretty excellent!


Yummy Yummy...but not so good for the tummy :-( Oh well.....

Dessert


1 Pecan Dream.....well, that's all that was left after Carlos got to them.

4 comments:

  1. that pizza looks amazing!!! :) And so does that quiche in your previous post. Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    I just recently started reading your blog and absolutely love it. It allows me to daydream about the island life I wish I was living.

    I was lucky enough to get to Maui this past summer, and LOVE Flatbread. I convinced my family to make repeat trips there for dinner, and I wish there was one here on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments:-) We just love Flatbread:-) I wish there was one on our side of the island though....it's about an hour drive from our house and we are lazy hahaha....happy you like my little blog:-) Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never tried safeway brands - good to know that the store generic is tasty!

    ReplyDelete