Saturday, December 19, 2009

Back to normal

First things first.....get up and go run.
I'm still jogging with walking mixed in.  Here's how it went today....
2 minute walk
12 minute jog ( about a 10 minute mile pace )
2 min walk
3 min jog
2 min walk
2 min jog
3 min walk
Total 26 minutes

The 12 minute straight jog part was fairly easy and I think I could have gone even further except this is the part of the highway that begans a slow incline. Maybe I should change my route a bit until I get my endurance up?

After my "jog" I had a really yummy Green Juice


Kale Lemonaid
kale
1/2 lemon
cilantro
2 apples

After that I really wanted to surf today but for obvious reasons I passed....
 


El Nino is in town.....Surf is too big for me :-(

So I decided to stay put on the beach and read some more of "Breaking Dawn". I actually took a bit of a hiatus from this final "Twilight" book last week because I had "required" reading to complete. Anyway, I must say "Breaking Dawn" has been a bit harder for me to get through ( compared to the first 3 books ) It almost seems as if it was written by somebody else? I don't know if I like it......We'll see how it ends I guess?

Lunch

                           

Spicy Carrot Juice
4 carrots
2 oranges
1" fresh ginger

                            

Amy's Organic Lentil Soup
Chevre



And some of my mom's fudge that arrived a few days ago from California :-)

Dinner




Salad
mixed greens
tomatoes
blue cheese dressing
homemade croutons
mushroom saute
and Pinot Grigio

4 comments:

  1. Just made your pumpkin smoothie today...AMAzing. I even put the rest of pumpkin in the freezer. (genius.) I have been in a Kale green juice rut so it was nice to try something new. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps breaking dawn is very different. The end gets good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my pumpkin! Thanks on the Breaking Dawn update....I don't hate the book it's just pretty different than the rest...It's still fun though :-) Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooh that kale lemonade sounds fantastic! What a refreshing thing to sip on to start your day. Your blog is fantastic, can't wait to explore it more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete