Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Smoothie and another Run/Walk

Sorry for my lack of posting yesterday...Carlos has been needing the computer at night for work and by the time he is finished it is way to late for me to post. I'm hoping that this will be a temporary issue.

So that being said, I still fell asleep way to late last night anyway and I did NOT want to get out of bed at 7:30 this morning for work:-(

The first thing I did was make myself a cup of Stash's "Moroccan Mint" tea.



I didn't prepare myself a lunch to take to work today for we are getting low on produce once again but I did come up with an impromtu amazing new smoothie!

I used the last of my spinach yesterday so I was not able to make my typical Green Smoothie so I got creative! I had a can of organic pumpkin in my pantry as well as pumpkin pie spice so the "Pumpkin Smoothie" was born. It might be 85 degrees and sunny in Maui today but we can always pretend it's November.

Note: Pumpkins are an excellant souce of cancer fighting beta-carotene, potassium, and fiber. Pumpkins are also 90% water!



"Pumpkin Smoothie"

1 c almond milk
1/2 c pure unsweetend pumpkin puree
1.5 frozen local apple bananas
1/4 pumpkin pie spice
3 packets of stevia

This was awesome! Apple bananas are tart so blended with the creamy pumpkin and almond milk it tasted just like tangy yogurt. I will make this again for sure!

So I knew I was going to have to buy lunch today ( bad ) and as much as I like the inexpensive sandwitches from Ono Gelato I'm thinking I need to change it up.....Honestly, I would love to have had a killer Green Papaya Salad from Thai Chef but those are out of my budget these days.....So, I settled on a "Large Tossed Salad" from Mr. Subs ( hold the tuna fish and sprouts )

LOOK AT ALL THIS FOOD! Even though it was $8.25 it was still worth it because I have leftovers....Like half!





Mr. Sub's Large Tossed Salad

mixed greens
tomatoes
avocado
marinated hot peppers
purple cabbage
carrots
Ranch dressing
cheese ( processed, didn't eat )
pasta salad ( with black olives, parm cheese and Italian dressing ) came in a seperate container but included in the price.

Well, I mentioned the other day that I really wanted to start running again because I quit the qym.  Honestly I've been pretty sore the last 2 days but I really wanted to give it a go again after work. On my drive home from Lahaina it was "kind of" raining but I was determined to run anyway. Here's a shot of the hill I run/walk at the very beginning of my "course". This is the Kapalua Airport road and it is right across the street from my neighborhood. I took this from my car before I went home to change out of my work clothes.



and down..

I like starting my run/walk with a hill....it really wakes me up and makes the rest of the course seem a whole lot easier.....
I'm pretty stoked. I finished the course in 30 minutes but I added length. I would say I ran half of it this time instead of just a third like the first day. It was much cooler this time too but I was still sort of full from lunch which still made it challenging. I ran right next to the ocean just as the sun was setting behind Lanai. It was beautiful...sorry no pic....can't run with the Nikon.....

After my run/walk,  I did 1 hour of Hatha yoga. This was harder than normal for me today. I think my legs were a little shaky?

For dinner,  I really wanted to use up some of my corn that I bought last week so I opted for the yummy "Ginger and Corn Soup" from my Nov. 4th post ( recipe )

                            
           It was perfect!


With a glass of "Barefoot" Pinot Grigio of course!

I'm feeling lazy now so I'm going to pull Taj off my yoga mat and settle in for the night with a few "Gossip Girl" re-runs xo xo





No comments:

Post a Comment