Monday, November 16, 2009

Mapping the course

A few days ago I mentioned that I would like to start getting out of bed earlier and this weekend I decided to start putting this idea into action. So, I woke up around 6:30 this morning...it actually felt chilly out? Like maybe 68-70 degrees and boy the wind was screaming!  I already knew that surfing or paddle boarding was out of the question. So instead of dragging the boy out of bed, I made some tea ( Stash Tea, Moroccan Mint )....checked my emails....read some blogs.....and then did 1 hour of Hatha yoga.



Around 9ish I had 1 cup of Kashi's GoLean Crunch high fiber/high protein cereal with Almond milk but I was pretty disappointed :-( I use to eat this years ago and I always thought it was so good so I grabbed a huge box from Costco a few weeks back. I finanlly opened it today abut it was super stale....The experation date is Feb 2010 and as far I could tell the bag had no cracks but still.....That sucks! I wonder if the humidity got to it some how?



Anyway, so my goal today was to map out a nice running course through my neighborhood. I would like to walk/jog it for awhile and then work my way up to running the whole thing. Over time, I will add length to it as I build up more endurance and speed.

So at 1pm ( fyi-not the best time to jog in Hawaii....) I power walked out of the house and straight up the hill to the Kapalua Airport. I'm sorry, I will take some pics soon ( when I'm not working out ) so you can see how pretty it is! The jog up and down from the airport took about 10 minutes...The hill is pretty steep so I jogged halfway up and then ran all the way down to the beach. I then headed north up the Lower Honoapiilani ( say that one fast ) until I hit another 10 minutes. At this point I turned around and jogged/walked back home. So, that was 30 minutes on the dot. I would say I only jogged 1/3 of the length. I guess I have a lot of work to do.......yuck.

I thinking I need a couple of things to help me out

1) some sort of distance counter
2) Ummmm, A watch? Running with my cell phone is not very fun ( I have a few Breitlings but these are not for working out.....)
3) Some way to listen to music? Yes, I'm the only human on the planet that does not have an Ipod.
4) Ditch the sunglasses...ouch.

Well, so far all of these things equal what my gym membership would cost me for a year. So, I should start with the most important things first.....like a watch I guess?

I had to work at 4pm today so I took leftovers from last night's dinner, Emilia Brand Mushroom Gnocchi with Marinara, percorino and extra veggies. Very yummy again! I also went to Foodland and grabbed myself a peanut butter cookie for 75 cents mmmmmmm.


So my evening is finally coming to a close, I'm enjoying a little pau hana ( Pinot Grigio ) and I'm noticing that my legs seem pretty sore already from my run this afternoon. Anyway, right now it's raining, cool and windy outside....feels like the season is gently changing out here in Hawaii......Until tomorrow, Aloha


No comments:

Post a Comment