Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kerikeri to Raglan, New Zealand

Well, We figured it was about time to hele out of the Northland and see if we could fine us some surf! Raglan has always been a wave I've been dying to see so we decided to head south!

We stopped at a beautiful beach just south of Whangarei called Uretiti. It was desolate, cold and haunting. Off shore were some bizarre shaped volcanic islands and nobody was around except a few sea birds.



looking north


and now south





It's been a long time since I have worn wool lined boots and sweats on a beach....

We were hungry so we decided to make some lunch ( couscous and stir-fry )
 
I hate that van...
Oh and btw,  Yes I'm totally wearing my big gold hoop earings while camping because
 that's just how I roll....


carrots, apples, onions and sweet potatoes...( oh and pecorino romano ) yum!

I think this was the highlight of our New Zealand leg....beautiful!

Next Stop!



Rainy Raglan

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment