Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Juicer Works!

I was so excited to get up this morning to try out my new Breville Juicer!

First things first though.....Must have my Stash Tea ( Chai )

Then it was time to juice!


I love having a fridge full of clean veggies!

Since this was my first time juicing I had no idea how many veggies I was going to need to fill up a 16oz glass. So, I guess I was about to find out....





Verdict: It took a lot

Green Juice
3 Granny Smith apples
1 Bosc pear
1/2 lemon peeled
1/2 cup mint
5 Dino kale leaves
2 stalks of celery

However, it was WONDERFUL! Smooth, sweet, green and light. I loved it!!! But, since this could turn into an expensive hobby I might not be able to "juice" everyday. I'm going to look into other veggies and fruits that my be easier on the wallet. I know kale, apples and pears are pretty cheap on the Mainland but this is Hawaii and they are pretty $$$ here. We don't grow these Fall/Winter foods in abundance.....

Carlos is working a short shift this afternoon so I decided to take advantage of the empty living room and do a 1 hour Hatha yoga DVD. After my session I had a super juicy Star fruit that one of my girlfriends gave me. She has a Star fruit tree in her yard and is always supplying us with these fresh exotic fruits!




yummy!

I decided that I wanted to jump in the water so I grabbed my longboard once again and paddled Napili Bay.

First, I stopped by the cute Kapalua Fruit stand for some lemons and oranges....

                                              
I bought 4 lemons and 4 small oranges for $3.00

Then I proceeded down to the water.


Pikake is in full bloom in November. The air smells like Jasmine today!


I did 8 fast laps across the bay on my surfboard in 30 minutes.


This place doesn't suck...


However, an ESPN camera crew showed up to film the beach ( The College Basketball Maui Invitational is this week ) and I didn't feel like being caught on camera so I decided to head back home for lunch...


Left over Veggie Tacos from last night!

Tacos
2 local corn tortillas
vegetarian refried beans
Steveo's Salsa ( recipe on July 6 post )
romaine
cilantro
lime

As for the rest of the day.....Carlos gets off of work soon and we have some friends in town.  Might go out later??.....


2 comments:

  1. I love my juicer. It is pretty time consuming to clean though so I end up juicing just a couple times a week. Your pictures are awesome... makes me miss the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kasey....the beaches here are pretty easy to photograph LOL!

    ReplyDelete