Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Farmer's Market Meals

Since I was working the morning shift in the gallery today I made sure to get myself out of bed a little bit early so I could make myself a Farmer's Market inspired lunch. I cut up 2 Roma tomatoes, an ear of raw Kula corn, green leaf lettuce, and tossed them in a bowl. I then added about 1/2 cup of organic white kidney beans to the veggie mix. Next, I poured myself a little bit of blue cheese dressing in a to-go container to mix into my salad later. I always do this with salad dressing because that way the veggies stay nice and crispy.



Breakfast was my typical Green Smoothie recipe with 3 cups organic spinach, 1.5 frozen apple bananas, stevia and 1 cup of almond milk.


It's interesting, there are so many banana varieties out there today and I do notice a huge difference in my smoothies if I am using a local tart banana over the standard smooth Honey banana that have the little stickers attached to them in the supermarket ( from Central America usually ). The truth is I definitely prefer the sweet Honey Banana over our common local varieties. However, Carlos is crazy for the Apple banana so I usually grab them in bulk when I see a good price and honestly, I feel a bit guilty buying the flown in supermarket ones anyway....( esp because I live on a tropical island covered with banana plants!)

Oh well, since most of you don't live in Hawaii and most of the bananas in your markets are shipped in from some place else anyway, make sure to test different kinds first...in the case of Green Smoothie ingredients, I will always say " the sweeter the better!"

Around 3 o'clock I had a major hankering for something sweet ( another unusal craving for me! ) so I went to Foodland ( I had to go buy wine to stock the gallerie's wine cooler ) and found these doughy soft juvenile looking cookies.....so I bought one, and ate the whole thing.


I had every intention in the world to actually get some exercise in today but that never happened ( got stuck at work late again! ).....I've been REALLY bad about this lately and I'll be the first to admit it! This will be changing REALLY soon. I have some plans for myself that I will unveil soon enough....until then however, how 'bout some Naan Pizza!


Dinner was simple. I am in love with those perfect little Naan breads from International Fabulous Flats! They are a perfect size for individual pizzas! I made a pretty simple one this evening with a little evoo, 1 oz goat cheese, 1 roma tomato, about 1/4 of kalamata olives and some garlic salt. Perfect!

And even more perfect with a glass of "Barefoot" Pinot Grigio!


I have some more studying to do tonight ( as well reading a new US Weekly ) so more tomorrow when I have a lot more time :-) Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment