Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Wedding ( ummmm not mine of course )

If you are new to my blog and are curious to why I was in Australia in the first place it's because of this....My sister was getting married to an Australian. Lucky us right! Yes, Thanks to Erin's and Eron's big day the whole family got to fly down to Sydney ( Palm Beach actually ) for the big party.
Growing up in Cali, who would have thought that my sister would end up with an Aussie and I'd end up with an Argentine? It's pretty funny because when we were young, my mother ( being from Wisconsin ) thought it was pretty exotic marrying a man from Texas! Hahaha!


Make Up Artist trying to make me look like I'm awake

Erin getting ready.....

Such an unattractive bridal party don't you think?

Anyway, 2 days after the Great Australian Dust Storm and the day before the Second Great Australian Dust Storm...... My sister, Erin Broughton married my new brother-in-law Eron Broughton ( yes, they had almost the same exact sames BEFORE they got married ) on Sept. 25 th 2009 on a private island off the Hawksbury River in New South Whales. Luckily for my sister she doesn't have to go through the major headache of changing her sur name!

To get to the private island we needed to take a 45 boat ride from Palm Beach. The majority of the guests, groom and groomsmen took a ferry while the bridal party ( and Carlos haha! ) took a private boat! Not too shabby even if getting on and off the boat in formal dress was a little bit awkward!


I'm sure you can tell from this pic, my sister is the cubby one of course....

Check out Erin's bright yellow Christian Louboutins!


The event was held at the restaurant "Peat's Bite", which is only accessible by either boat or sea plane! The wedding began the moment we docked around 1pm ( all eyes were on us getting off the boat in heels! Not easy!! ) and the reception followed immediately.





This is our mother, Jane. She is almost 70 yrs old and has survived Crohn's Disease and the lost of my Step Dad of 18 yrs a few months back to cancer....She had just flown 15 hours all by herself from San Francisco and only lost her wallet once in the airport. She has not left the country in over 35 yrs and still thinks Los Angeles is "far".....This was the first time in 3 years that I've seen her.... I'm a terrible child.....don't get me started. Anyway, Again, she's almost 70 and still has brown hair. Seriously? How is this possible? My DNA is failing me........I'm was so happy to see my mother holding an empty wine glass for once.

Our dad, Larry...Again, almost 70 with a head full on blond hair. My dad is a successful L.A. composer who now lives in the Sonoran Desert... Still writing music, my dad spends his days in semi retirement playing with remote control airplanes and learning to paint. He is happily married and loves his car, storm fronts, Texas BBQ and his 23 lb cat, Lucy. He just might be the happiest person on the planet.......

And of course my date, The Argentine....who I think just happens to be the sexiest man on the planet. I know I tease him a lot but again, he has to put up with me too.....I love him ( and all of his grays ).

I need to apologize in advance for I hardly have any pics of the beautiful food. I think my personal photographer ( ummm....Carlos ) was way too busy eating it! ( I was sitting at the bridal table and he was at the table with spouses of the bridal party. In other words, I wasn't near by to remind him! )


Instead of a traditional wedding cake Erin and "Eza" opted for a Lolly Bar! Cute!

The meal consisted of an "Entre Course" as well as a "Main Course" that consisted of 5 dishes ( mostly meat or fish ) There was a lovely Pumpkin Risotto that I devoured as well as a heafty salad of mixed greens and rocket. Needless to say it doesn't take much to fill me up so I ended up pretty full ( in a very fitted dress....nice ) I also had several glasses of an Australian Sauvignon Blanc that was awesome!

Love Australian fashion! I could never get away with this on Maui! Check out the shoes!


Dad, helping with the entertainment....singing his smash hit from the 70s, "Wildfire"



My sister and Eza had about 500 of these rubber duckies in the surrounding ponds ( hence, to match the Louboutins of course! )

We needed to board the ferry by 7 pm and we headed back to Palm Beach. This is when things got a bit blury for me ( not because I was drunk but because of jet lag, in fact I think my mom and I were the only sober ones )......I think we ended up at the Palm Beach Country Club?? I don't know? All I remember was there was a very important Australian Rules Football Game on...........Pretty perfect way I guess to end an Australian wedding!

Australia and New Zealand trip to be continued.....

FOOD LOG-back on Maui

Breakfast- Green Smoothie ( spinach, 1 C almond milk, 2 frozen apple bananas, stevia )


Lunch- ( at work ) from Ono Gelato Company- Fresh Corn and Lime Salad ( only $2.95 !! ) (Fresh local corn, cilantro, olives, red onions, feta, onions, cucumbers and lime juice.) and a Veggie Whole Wheat Wrap ( hummus, brie, avocado, waipoli lettuce, lime, carrot, red pepper, snap peas, olive oil and whole grain wrap )


Dinner?? 2 slices of La Brea bakery bread, goat cheese and olives....oh, and wine.....long long day.


2! Glasses of "Barefoot" Pinot Grigio

3 comments:

  1. I am so in love with her wedding dress - do you know who designed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, love the post! Sorry I am biased (I love all of your posts) :) It's fun to see some of Carlos' pictures. I can't wait to see all of them!

    I want to make that goats cheese and olive bread. YUM!

    Melissa, my dress is Monique Lhuillier. Thanks so much..I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, the dress was so beautiful! I love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete