Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In a Sunburned Country

Before I go on any more about my trip to Australia I have to mention this book.....
"In a Sunburned Country" by Bill Bryson
This just happens to be the funniest book I have ever read!
Bill Bryson is an American travel writer and he is brillant. I urge you to pick up this book if you are planning a trip down to Australia or if you just need a good laugh. I promise you, Bill will make your day....

Quick post tonight....it's late....I'm tired.....I'm blocked from the internet at work once again....you get my drift.....

We got in the ocean again today inspite of a tweeked shoulder ( me ), sunburn and sore knee ( Knee = Carlos ). Luckily, it was Monday and most people were surfed out thanks to the long lasting south swell hitting the island chain all weekend. However, we didn't work until 4 pm so we had the coast ( almost ) to ourselves all morning long!
We chose  to surf "Old Mans" just off Hwy 30 and caught a couple hours of nice glassy 4-6' + sets rolling in :-) The water was so warm it was almost not refreshing.....Just how I like it!

WORKOUT- 2 hrs Surfing.....Board: 7'8" Valley Isle ( my lazy butt board )

FOOD LOG

Breakie-none

Lunch-Salad ( olives, mixed greens, goat cheese, lemon juice ) and "Ak Mak" Crackers


Snack-"Purely Decadant" non dairy dessert


Dinner-I REALLY wanted to go to Thai Chef to get Green Papaya Salad but they have been closed for 2 weeks ( vacation ) So, I settled for "Amy's" Organic Black Bean and Veggie Enchiladas from Foodland.



Pau Hana-"Barefoot Winery" Pinot Grigio-California, "Ak Mak" crackers and goat cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment