Sunday, October 25, 2009

Aloha Australia.....

Before I move on to the New Zealand leg of my trip "recap", I would like to mention a couple more outstanding restaurants that we had the pleasure of dining at. Unfortunately, we did not always have our bulky Nikons on hand at all times:-( However, these places are still worth mentioning and if you are heading to OZ please consider these fine establishments as well.

POMPEI'S: Bondi Beach

Awesome authentic Italian food with an even more awesome takeaway gelato bar! We actually dined here 3 times and we still forgot pics! ( Sorry, I'm a terrible food blogger....) Pompei's was so yummy that we actually made a point to eat there for lunch the day we were leaving ( always such a sad day for me.....) On the last stop, I had a fabulous Goat Cheese and Vegetable Pizza while Carlos had Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Butter Sauce....divine.

BARRENJOEY HOUSE: Palm Beach

Since 1923 The Barrenjoey House has been a small boutique hotel. Light streams through the opaque glass ceiling in the dining area giving you the sense you are eating in a spacious Sun Room. Wicker baskets filled with fresh fruit and vegetables also gives the Barrenjoey House a "French Country" feel..... We had a long ( 3 hour ) lunch there our last afternoon in Palm Beach with my dad, step mom, and new In-Laws. Everything of course was beautiful and delicious.....For me, the most memorable dish was a light and creamy "Watercress" soup with Basil oil and Croutons while Carlos fell in love with his Dessert, an "Affogato" ( vanilla ice cream doused in espresso and Frangelico!! ). The Barrenjoey House is open for breakfast lunch and dinner and is located across the street from the Palm Beach Pier......

BLUE WATER CAFE: Manly Beach

I seriously cannot believe I forgot pics of this place because it is one of my all time favorite places to dine in Australia. In Manly Beach, the Blue Water Cafe is perfectly located on South Steyne across the street from the Norfolk Pine Tree filled beach walk. This is a fantastic place to stop for an alfresco lunch or casual dinner. I usually stop here at least once for a simple Veggie and Goat's cheese wrap with Sweet Chili Sauce as well as their famous Sticky Date Pudding! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Located at 28 South Steyne St., Manly, 2095 NSW



THE OPERA BAR: Downtown, Sydney ( Circular Quay )

Okay, so I do have a pic from the Opera Bar! BUT, unfortunately I don't have a picture of their spectacular Wedges!! ( baked potato wedges with sour cream and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping!! ) Anyway, try to picture them in your head if you can because they were insanly good and easy to replicate at home!

We went to the Opera Bar 2 times during this trip to OZ. On our second excursion, Carlos and I took my mom with us. We had 2 huge "shared plates" filled with all sorts of fun dips, cheeses and ( um...non vegetarian items ) It's all good though....I always fill up on the Turkish bread anyway!

The Opera bar sits along side the world famous Opera House and looks out at the Harbor Bridge. Nowhere else in Sydney screams, "Holy crap! I'm really in Australia now!" more than The Opera Bar. This is a must stop while visiting Circular Quay.......The Opera Bar is an awesome place to chill with a glass or two of Aussie Shiraz as well as being a great place to check out the stylish Sydneysiders during their lunch breaks ( or "Pau Hanas" )


SO, There you go........That was Australia. Next Stop.....Green and VERY Chilly, New Zealand! To be continued......

BACK ON MAUI, USA.....

Breakie-none just ( Ice Tea sweetened with Blue Agave syrup )

Lunch-"Green Smoothie" ( 1 c almond milk, 2 cups organic fresh spinach that I froze, 1.2 bananas, vanilla extract, stevia )


Dinner-Salad ( mixed greens, tomatoes, avocado, olives, cilantro, lemon juice ) and Wheat Thins ( only ate about 1/3 of the salad pictured )


NOTE: Not really sure what's up with me? My stomach has been a bit funny all day....nothing major but enough to kill my appetite. Who knows? Must be my incredibly stressful life here on Maui.....

No comments:

Post a Comment