Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Green Smoothies contin...

Starting to feel a bit better today...slightly sore throat and cough is clearing ( I'm thinking the wine and spa appointment yesterday helped? No? )

Again, I've been trying my hardest to keep my grocery shopping to a minimum by using up some staples in the house. However, I did make a small stop at the Farmer's Market in Honokowai replenish some Green Smoothie ingredients and salad basics......

I wanted to make a small note about something regarding the green smoothies I drink in the morning.....I have been adding the green powder "Amazing Grass" to my morning smoothies ever since my "Amazing Meal" ( by the same company ) supplement ran out. Unfortunately, "Amazing Grass" does not seem to be agreeing with my stomach??..... and shipping a 2 lb container of "Amazing Meal" to Hawaii is super $$$ so , I've decided to pass on reordering any right now.

WORKOUT-none

FOOD LOG

BREAFAST-Chai Tea with Stevia, Foodland brand Cinnamon Raisin Bagel ( BTW-Foodland makes killer bagels! ) with whipped cream cheese.

LUNCH-Green Smoothie ( really really yummy today! ) 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup almond milk, one large frozen banana, 1 Tb peanut butter, stevia )

DINNER-Salad ( extra firm organic tofu, carrots, mixed organic local greens, sesame seeds, cilantro, cashews ) Dressing ( rice wine vinegar, shoyu, sesame oil, lime juice, local honey ) Pau Hana-1.5 glasses of "Monkey Bay" Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand

4 comments:

  1. mmmm that bagel looks soooo good - about how much of a bagel do you usually have? i find them so delicious but also too big at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat the whole thing:-) The bigger the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I haven't had a bagel in years. LOL!

    Glad you're starting to feel better. I wonder why the Amazing Grass isn't working for you. Maybe just use a little at a time, like a teaspoon in a green smoothie instead of a tablespoon? Just an idea. :)

    Cheers XOXO,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Kristen:-) Love your blog!! Aloha! A

    ReplyDelete