Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can somebody get this chick a drink?

Well, it looks like someone out there is looking out for my sanity! Carlos finally passed his stupid drivers test!!! And down to the last minute ( typical ). As I mentioned before he was supposed to have been done with this yesterday. However, this my world I'm talking about so of course something had to go wrong.......

We showed up VERY early to the Lahaina Branch DMV Monday to make sure that he had plenty of time. They checked my drivers license, car insurance and registration since he was in fact using my older Honda. Then off he went with the test administrator while I walked to FOODLAND to go kill 25 minutes and try and calm myself......

10 minutes later, the boy is calling me to come get him??! ....aApparently one of my brake lights is out! WTF!! Are you kidding me!! I've had that car since 2003 and I've never had one issue with it. VERY lucky for us they were able to squeeze him in today. Yes, he got the last appointment available! Talk about cutting it close!!!!

So, we repeated the routine again today.....however, this time I handed him the keys to the new Audi and by 3 pm Carlos became licensed driver ( good lord.....). SO! No left hand manual driving for me in New Zealand!!! I swear, sometimes I wonder if he does this stuff just to test my nerves.......strangely, I'm NOT amused.......

So, now that Carlos has his drivers license and I've completed a marathon stretch of 5 straight weeks of work I can finally exhale right? Ummmmm, have I mentioned how I feel about airplanes ??? ( see 9/4/09 post ) Ya, I get to go do that now.....boo

WORKOUT-none

FOOD LOG

LUNCH-um...."Subway" again.....it was pretty good actually. I ate it while I waited for Carlos to finish his test. I ate about 8" of the foot long "Veggie Delite" ( Whole Wheat bread, pepper jack cheese, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, oil/vinegar and salt/pepper )

SNACK-The rest of the "Purely Decadent"" non dairy dessert/handful of cashews

DINNER ( This was late, after work to celebrate my last shift before OZ ) Spinach and Feta Quesadilla with super hot salsa at "Lahaina Coolers". 1 Glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

SIDE NOT: I'm having PC issue posting pics again??? All I could do was post the beach pic? I will try again later because I do have food pics:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment