Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Board Stories

Quick! Must go outside and have fun! Hurry!! I worked until 10:30 pm last night...I had today off and then I'll be back at work by 9am tomorrow....This blows ( deja vu?? )

Thankfully, the trade winds were light this morning so I grabbed my 7'8" ( lazy board ) and raced down to Launiupoko Beach Park for a surf! Surf Report: 1' to 3' background swell "in town". Whatever... at this point, I could give a rat's ass because I'm getting in the ocean....period!

So, here's the deal....Launuipoko cracks me up, especially on mellow flat days like today. Launuipoko seems to get a heavy mix of 'ol time locals and "Fresh of the Jet" tourists from Cali with their rented 10 foot soft tops and "booties" . It's freaking great! Seriously, I could write a book on some of the "exchanges" I have heard out there in the line up. Hahaaaaaa!!

It was beautiful today, the water was very warm and we actually had a few nice waist high sets rolling in. I was sitting at the "peak" with about 15 other people ( fun mix of Japanese and US Mainland vacationers and some serious local flavor ) Great Great entertainment as usual!

A lot of times I feel thankful that I've been here on Maui and in the line up as long as I have....Trust me, in Hawaii, girls don't get a "hall pass" we have to earn our spot out here just like the boys do. However, once you do.... you are golden.

Apparently, people are scared to come out to Hawaii and surf ? I mean, not only are our waves the biggest and baddest in the world good but so are the surfers. I would be lying if I said this was not true. However, with respect comes respect and over time time a lot of these hardcore guys are actually pretty great. Honestly, what I witnessed in the water today was actually just harmless "teasing" and luckily the "victims" were pretty good sports about it ( by the way....that goes REALLY far out here )

Anyway, In spite of it all, it's nice to finally be on the "other side" after all these years surfing in Hawaii.....(Even if the main "heckler" today kept calling me Paula!?? LOL! ) Look whose embarrassed now ......Aloha my friends......

WORKOUT-Surfing 2 hrs

FOOD LOG

BREAKFAST-Green Smoothie ( spinach, almond milk, stevia, banana, peanut butter )LUNCH-"Orowheat Sandwich Thin" with feta and Maui honey-grilledSNACK-Low Fat "Wheat Thins"DINNER-Healthy Vegan Fried Rice ( Ono Grinds!!! Yummy! ) cooked Jasmine rice sauteed with garlic, onions, shoyu, Macadamia Nut oil, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, peas, organic extra firm tofu, sesame seeds, cilantro and SHIRACHI!!! )

"Monkey Bay" Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I just wanted to mention something about amazing meal / grass...I don't know how much it really adds other than calories and cost. It is pricey and honestly, as long as I add nut butter to my gms I feel just as satisfied. This morning I didn't even use nut butter and was full for over 3 hours. I have been adding in flax seeds....I just add them whole and my blender takes care of them. I think they add a lot of nutrients and some bulk and cost WAY less than the amazing products. If I use the amazing stuff, I put less than one scoop full for my BF and me... I like it but with my pocket book empty, I don't think I need it. You could look at the ingredients and add other stuff...I bet its much cheaper. :)
    Hugs,
    Amanda
    PS sorry for posting anonymous but I don't have a website yet so it's anon or facebook URL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you:-) I've been adding peanut butter again to my smoothies and they tast awesome! Today I must have added 4 cups of spinach and you could not taste any of it! Crazy! All I tasted was the banana/peanut butter combo! So good! Carlos is obsessed....he thinks they taste like milkshakes now! hahaha!!Good tip about the flax!

    ReplyDelete