Saturday, August 22, 2009

Working overtime...

Carlos and I have been getting into the habit of staying up way too late these days. Once again I'm blaming our conflicting work hours the last few weeks. We are both working long hours on top of 6 or 7 day work weeks until mid September. We usually get home around 10 or 11 pm most nights and then this leads to hanging out, catching up and having a glass of wine or two. Before we know it, it's 2 am and usually we have to be at work by 9 in the morning!

I've noticed that this ( too much work and lack of sleep ) has been affecting my energy, meal planning and exercise routines. I understand that the overtime at work is only temporary and hopefully after our vacation we will be able to settle back into some sort of normality. Don't get me wrong..... I love to cook, even if it's just for me but it's just so much nicer to have someone to cook with or to cook for.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this since I list what I eat everyday on this blog and how often I workout. Keep in mind that I'm a little bit "out" of my normal routine and it's probably showing up in my daily logs. I'm trying to do my best to continue to eat as many veggies as I can and workout as often as possible but some times it's OK if I slip. In all honesty, it's way more important to catch up with my partner after work than to go to bed immediately so I can wake up early to go to the gym.....

WORKOUT-listing things to sell on ebay. Does that count?? Some much needed gardening.

FOOD LOG

BREAKFAST-"Green Monster" ( spinach, bananas, almond milk, vanilla extract, stevia, 1 scoop "Amazing Meal" )

LUNCH-Pasta Salad ( organic pasta, lemon juice, basil from my garden, feta cheese, olive oil, Kalamata olives, sea salt, cracked black pepper and hot pepper flakes ) Pretty damn good!SNACK-dried mangoes and a small handful of cashewsDINNER-Amy's Organic Minestrone Soup, Tapatio Hot Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment