Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Daily Grind

Aloha! Carlos is working double time up until our trip (starting this week) so I won't be seeing him much ( awe...miss him already ) So to help him out I'm going to try and make large batches of pastas and veggie dishes so he always has something to grab to take to work with him. Today, I threw together a yummy vegan pasta with pantry staples. SO GOOD! Carlos added Pecorino shavings to his plate and it looked awesome!

*** Pics coming soon! Sorry, I left my uploader at work....

WORKOUT LOG- light day

30 min Elliptical Machine level 7

200 crunches

Weight-106.4 lbs

FOOD LOG ( Very little greens today?? What's up with that? )

BREAKFAST-"Almost Raw Granola Granola Bar" recipe 5/28LUNCH-"Herb and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta" recipe Below

DINNER-Sorry for being so boring but I ate "Herb and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta" again for dinnerDESSERT-"Darrell Lea" Strawberry Licorice from Australia - I don't eat much "candy" these days but Carlos and I went to Ace Hardware today during our break from work ( to buy potting soil...who are we?? ) and I saw these sitting in the check out stand?? Totally random but super yum!!*HERB AND SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA* VEGAN

1 lb of Dry Pasta cooked la dente

1 cup chopped mixed Herbs ( I used Basil, Flat Leafed Parsley and Chives from my Garden )

Zest of 1 Lemon

Juice of 1.5 Lemons

1 can rinsed organic Northern Beans

3/4 cup chopped Sundried Tomatoes in oil ( drained )

1/3 cup GOOD organic Olive Oil

lots of Cracked Black Pepper

Sea Salt to taste

1.5 tsp Dried Red Chili Flakes ( My flakes were pretty mild but add with caution )

Toss cooked Pasta with remaining ingredients and serve hot or cold :-)

PAU HANA- 1 Glass of FAT CAT 2008 Pinot Noir, California

AUGUST CHALLENGE- Dairy free day 4......I was thinking that the Pecornio Cheese on Carlos's Pasta was looking pretty damn good but......I passed on it :-) I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment