Friday, August 14, 2009

Books, Butterflies and work BS

So here's my new obsession...."Tassajara Dinner and Desserts" by Dale and Melissa Kent. I have Tassajara's first book "Tassajara Cookbook" which is awesome but after flipping through "Dinners and Desserts" over the last 2 days I have to say that this might be even better than the first book!
I stumbled across this at Barnes and Nobles yesterday while shopping for a birthday gift but ended up buying it for me instead....( I always do that, bad, bad, bad! ) It was a splurge for $30 bucks since I probably could have gotten it online for much less but I couldn't wait!
This is a cookbook based on the vegetarian and vegan dishes served at the "Tassajara Zen Mountain Center in California"
As soon as I can, I will cook up some of the recipes and write a more extensive review! Promise!
How does "Mint-cilantro Udon with Fresh Ginger and Meyer Lemon" sound? Or how about the "Tagine with Apricots, Olives and Artichoke Hearts"?? Sounds pretty friggin good to me!! Soooo To be continued........
Well, today was the start of a marathon work month for me ( until Sept 16th )....I have an employee on vacation and another one leaving the day she gets back. On top of this I'm already very short on staff to begin with. Wish me luck and may it rain all month long.................

Check out my new little friend. He hatched this morning....He used my patio table for his safe haven to go though his metamorphosis. Looks like he made it! ( What you are not seeing in the pic is a very frisky black cat with his face pressed against the screen door meowing his head off in hopes I'll accidentally let him out ) tsk tsk....silly Taj
WORKOUT LOG
1 hour HATHA yoga
FOOD LOG
BREAKFAST- "Green Monster" ( Spinach, 1 cup Almond milk, 1 Tb Peanut Butter, 1 scoop "Amazing Meal", Stevia, 1.5 frozen Banana )
LUNCH-"Amy's Organic" Black Bean and Veggie Enchiladas
SNACK-handful of mixed nuts
DINNER-"Indian Dim Sum" recipe on 5/24/09 post, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce cut with 1/2 lime juiced, 1 glass Chardonnay, Terra Brisas, Argentina 2008 ( no oak! )
DESSERT-"Purely Decadent Vanilla" no dairy frozen dessert
AUGUST CHALLENGE-Dairy Free-Day 14-This might be my last day sans formage.....I figured 2 whole weeks was a good round number.

No comments:

Post a Comment