Thursday, July 23, 2009

What to do with leftovers?

After my yummy soft tacos last night I figured I would make a killer salad with the leftovers and take it to work today:-) This is what I came up with! "Southwest Salad" Soooooo good!!
WORKOUT
none....because I REALLY don't feel like it! I'm sure I'll make up for it over the weekend.
FOOD LOG
BREAKFAST-"Green Monster" ( Fresh Spinach, 1 cup Almond Milk, 2 Stevia packets, 1 frozen Banana, handful or frozen Mango ) LUNCH-"Southwest Salad" recipe follows

SOUTHWEST SALAD-VEGETARIAN

Romain Lettuce ( Cos )

Roasted corn cut from cob

Cilantro ( Coriander )

Candied Pumpkin Seeds ( pumpkin seeds roasted with salt and honey )

Guacamole

Roasted Anaheim Chilies

Tomatoes

Goat Cheese

"Spicy Lime and Honey Salad Dressing" see below


SPICY LIME AND HONEY SALAD DRESSING-VEGAN

Juice of 2 limes

1 tsp of Rice Wine Vinegar

1.5 TB Raw Honey

1/2 half Serrano Chili

pinch of Sea Salt

pinch of Cumin

1/4 cup of Cilantro

1/4 cup Canola Oil

Blend everything in a high speed blender while slowing adding oil. This helps to emulsify the dressing. FYI!! ( Dressing is spicy but feel free to add more heat!! )

SNACK-"Ak-Mak" Crackers with paper thin shavings of Pecorino Romano, "Babich" New Zealand Sauv Blanc ( Please excuse the pic of my half drunk glass of wine ) and YES wine TOTALLY counts as a snack....especially on your Friday :-)

DINNER-Well, my Lunch and Snack must have been pretty filling today because I'm not the least the bit interested in making any sort of dinner tonight. I'm still full!!! I'm sure that will change by morning:-) See you then! Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment