Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Well, it's sure been a looonnnng 2 weeks over here in Mahainahina, Maui. I have no idea what was going on with me but it does seem that the nausea and fatigue that crippled me for over a week finally passed last Wednesday.
First things first.....I'm not pregnant. Although I do hope to someday have a child or two before I turn 40 I do not appear to be "expecting" at the present time....Instead, I'm going to take it for an extreme case of PMS ( awesome, can't wait until next month! ). Unfortunately, as soon as my mysterious illness passed I quickly caught a real bug from my roommate, Carlos.
I came home from work on Thursday only to find a very sick boy huddled under a comforter, sheets and long underwear shivering to death in this tropical summer heat?! "Oh great! " I thought...."Here we go......" I knew it would soon be both of us sweating under the covers ( and I don't mean that in a "fun" sort of way either ) I just knew that I must have been long exposed to whatever he was suffering from as well.
Not knowing what to do with a painfully sick almost 40 year old man?? I quickly tucked him back into bed and headed down to Longs Drugs to buy us a thermometer, flu medicine and orange juice ( O.J. was Carlos' request and it's the one thing I forgot ) Sure enough, 101.7 degrees F ! YUCK! What a great way to start the weekend!
Honestly, I felt so bad for him. I've never seen him look sooooooo miserable ( except the morning after he drank about a quart of Vodka at a dog's birthday party this past April ) All I wanted to do was take the fever away. He was coughing like crazy and his recently cured back pain was coming back!
I decided to go ahead ( he insisted ) with dinner plans with a girlfriend of mine for a couple of hours to let him sleep. I came home around 11pm and ended up crashing on our couch to give him space to sweat.
Fast forward 8 hrs and I woke up coughing.....DAMMIT!!!
Well to be honest I think I lucked out. YES, my weekend was totally shot ( I'm off Fridays/Saturdays ) But, I seemed to have escaped the gnarly fever and sweats that my poor guy had faced. Over the last 2 days I was super tired, a little achy and had a minor sore throat/cough. Today is Sunday ( my Monday ) and I actually went to the beach before work at 4pm. Carlos however is still not 100% ( fever is still hovering between 99 and 100.)
We are both so VERY ready to get back to our normal routines! I plan on getting back on track with my healthy eating and workouts/surfing this week! Stay tuned xo
FOOD LOG
Breakfast - *GREEN MONSTER* from Eat Live Run blog
( Kale, Spinach, 1 Cup Almond Milk, 1 TB Peanut Butter, 1 packet of Stevia, 1 Frozen Banana , 1 scoop Amazing Meal )

Lunch - "Almost Raw Granola Bar " and "Lahaina Mango Sorbet" ( July 11 ) with crumbled peanuts
Dinner - "Amy's Organic Bean and Tofu Enchiladas " ( FYI- I'm at work )

NO WORKOUT
Weight 105.2 LB

No comments:

Post a Comment