Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is it hot or is it just me??

Wow! I am seriously having a really hard time kicking this bug! Carlos went to the doctors yesterday and sure enough it's Influenza A! ( Well, at least it's not Pig flu or SARS I guess.....) Apparently, Hawaii is getting the flu during the summer this year with the Southern Hemisphere's outbreak season instead of our normal winter months. I thought we got lucky this winter! I guess not....
The most annoying thing about this dumb virus is one day you feel like you are getting better and then the next day you're back in bed with the chills! I'm the worst sick person ever. I'm totally impatient and try to go about my days acting like nothing is wrong. Well, lucky for me it was slow in my gallery today because I really felt like crap. To make it worst ( and make me look REALLY aweful to boot) my eyes were super puffy like I had allergies on top of it! I came home an hour early and went straight to bed until dinner time. Carlos has a doctors "excuse" from work until Thursday ( lucky )....but I do not and the last thing I want to do right now is go sit for hours in the waiting room at Maui Medical ( which is about on par with my fear of flying ). I'll see how I feel in the morning I guess. I'm not a total moron, if I have to go to the doctors I will.
Needless to say I did not make it to the gym or in the ocean today. However I have to admit, those lunges and squats I did yesterday are killing me right now....I really wanted to do 1 hour of Hatha Yoga but that is going to have to wait for now.
FOOD LOG
Breakfast- "Green Monster" from "OH She Glows" Blog ( kale, spinach, 1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 packet of stevia, 1 scoop Amazing Meal )
Lunch- My favorite take out! "Green Papaya Salad" from Thai Chef in Lahaina ( FYI- I added the Costco salted Cashews ), Ginger Juice, and an Odwalla Chocolate bar
Dinner-"Goat Cheese and Beet Salad" recipe from 7/7/09-Organic greens, Golden beets this time around, Sushi Vinegar, candied walnuts, Goat cheese and black pepper. 1 glass of Silver Ridge Pinot Noir ( I thought that would make me feel better...it didn't )

I have to say that today was not a total loss. I got my book order from Amazon.com! That was SOOOOO quick! I ordered standard ( free ) shipping time on Saturday night and they got all the way to Hawaii by early morning today! So stoked!! I can't wait to check them out! I got 2 new books from Detox Your World goddess, Natalia Rose. I got the new raw food cookbook from my hero Sarma Melngailis ( owner of Pure Food and Wine in NYC, my dream dinner!)and I received Padma Lakshmi's "Tangy Hot Sour & Sweet" ( because I'm sort of intrigued by Indian food these days ). I'll let you know how they are! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment