Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Aloha Friday!

Happy weekend everyone! Well, I'm off to a super late start! I didn't get home until around 2:30 am last night! That's crazy late for me! SO obviously I didn't get to post yesterday until today.
I ended up going to my favorite restaurant on Maui "Mala Ocean Tavern" http://www.malaoceantavern.com/ for dinner and wine with a good buddy ( Richard ) that just got back from a month long vacation on the "Mainland".
Then afterwards, we met my guy and headed to Maui's new club "Timba" http://www.timbamaui.com/ to check it out.
"Mala Ocean Tavern" never disappoints me. It's right on the ocean, it's casual, it's got excellent food and I have many friends who work there too. It was pretty crowded last night and it took awhile to get a seat but as soon as we did they brought us over their amazing complimentary "Edamame Dip and Chipotle Salsa" with tortilla chips served in a Mocahete Bowl. I crave this dip. It's awesome. I believe it is some sort of mix of edamane, rice wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. It's like an Asian Guacamole :-) I also had a glass of New Zealand Monkey Bay Sauv Blanc.
When I eat dinner at Mala it's ALWAYS a toss up between the "Goat Cheese and Beet Salad" or "The Quartet" for me. However, last night I went for the "Quartet" because by 8:30 pm I was STARVING! The Quartet is actually from the starter menu. It's your classic vegetarian Mezze Platter with Olives, Hummus, Babbaganoush, Raita, very creamy tangy Sheep's Feta, fried Chick Peas, Pita Bread and Lavash. It's pretty big and I rarely finish it. However, I did last night!
After Malas, Richard and I grabbed Carlos and headed to "Timba" in Lahaina right on the beach. Carlos and I NEVER really go out to "clubs". The reason being is #1) Maui really doesn't have any and #2 ) I guess the "club scene" is more of a "singles scene" here so I think we'd much rather spend our "going out" money on good dining or live music these days. However, we were with friends last night and all in all it was pretty fun to see people out and about, dancing and having fun :-) Needless to say, we were there until "last call" ( 2 am Maui time ) and ended up getting to bed way later than normal.
Then, I had a hell of a time falling asleep! I think I finally fell asleep at 4 am! YUCK! So, I think I might be a "bit off" today:-( Oh well, at least I'm off work! xoxo
WORKOUT
30 min elliptical machine level 7
200 AB crunches
2 sets of 20 lunges
2 sets of 20 Ballet squats holding a 12 LB weight
3 sets of 20 bicep curls with 8 LB weights
3 sets of 2o tricep over head dips with a 12 lb weight
Stretch
FOOD LOG
NO BREAKFAST- I was out of my "Green Monster" ingredients :-( BUT I had a really great new tea though from Octavia Tea "Acai Berry Organic White Tea" It was loose leaf and I put it in a really cool "steeping mug" that I bought in Australia
LUNCH-*ALMOST HOMEMADE PUTTANESCA PENNE* VEGAN
1 LB dried Organic Penne Pasta cooked al dente ( around 11 min )
1 Jar of "Classico" Tomato Basil Marinara
*To the sauce I added*
1 cup chopped Kalamata Olives
1 TB chopped Capers
1 TB Aged Balsamic
3 cloves crushed Garlic
Red Pepper Flakes to taste
Sea Salt to taste
Mix heated sauce into cooked Penne. Sprinkle with Pecornio Cheese for non vegans
DINNER- Edemane Dip with salsa and chips, "The Quartet" from Mala 1.5 Glasses of Monkey Bay Sauv Blanc.
TIMBA-2 small glasses of Mandarin Vodka and Soda






No comments:

Post a Comment