Monday, July 6, 2009

Hanging in there.....

Well first things first....I still feel pretty crappy. I actually fell asleep on the 4th of July at 9pm while fire crackers were going off in my front yard ( who does that? Tired people I guess..) To be totally honest Carlos did too but he actually surfed like 4 hours that day! Yes, I'm still nauseous. Yes, I'm brutally tired and YES I know what you guys are all thinking but to be honest it could be a million things besides "that". I have not been very vocal about it but I've been dealing with a crazy amount of stress from work, from my real estate investment that I still own with my ex husband and I had a death in the family all last month. I'm exhausted to say the least and I do have a feeling that it's quite possible that my body is simply handing me a "bill" ( My dad loves to say that.... ) On top of everything Carlos and I were down to just my Honda for the last month but I finally found something else:-) Check out my new ride!!! It's an Audi A4 Turbo ( whatever that means? )Yes, it's wayyyyy too nice but to be honest after the last 3 years I deserve it! Too bad I can't use the "seat heaters" on Maui! LOL! ( I bought it certified used from the Audi dealership in Honolulu.) I just picked it up from the docks this weekend!! It's an 06' with 23K miles. We are keeping the nice Honda ( '03 ) 80K miles and making it our surf car. However, we are still waiting for our Thule Racks for it so we can get the paddle board in the water ASAP:-)
Since I have not been eating much I have very little to post however I did make my "Almost Raw Granola Bars" ( May 28 post ) This evening and embellished the yummy bars with Raw Cacao powder ( about 1/4 Cup ). Whoa! They were soooo good!



I have another recipe to share but I really can't take credit for it. We went over to our friends house the other day to eat and play "Guitar Hero" ( I dragged my nauseous self over there and watched the fun ). However, I wasn't feeling toooooo sick to sample some great salsa our buddy Steveo made. The secret ingredient was canned Chipolte Chilies in Adobo sauce ( Duh! why didn't think of that! I make salsa all the time! ) Check out my home grown tomatoes in the photo too!











*STEVEO'S CHIPOTLE SALSA* VEGAN ( I'm guessing the recipe )
3- 14.5 oz Cans of diced organic tomatoes ( WELL drained of all liquid! )
1/2 white onion ( I used Maui )
1 Cup Cilantro ( Coriander )
4-5 cloves of garlic
juice of one lime
salt to taste
2 chipolte chilies with about 1 heaping TB of Adobe Sauce
2 tsp. red wine vinegar ( I always add this to my salsas )
I threw everything into the Vita Mix and gave it a whirl. This is not a super chunky salsa but it has a pretty thick consistency. I "eye balled" all the ingredients so feel free to add more "stuff" if you like. Especially salt, peppers or lime juice. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment