Thursday, July 2, 2009

Feeling kind of icky.....

Aloha my friends! Sorry for the infrequency of
my updating but to be totally honest I've been feeling pretty "under the weather" lately. I've been dealing with a bout of constant nausea. This is highly unusual for me and the only time I really dealt with this before was when I had an ear impacted with sand, wax and wax remover!! It was a total nightmare! However, my ears feel fine. I thinking it's hormonal....hopefully it will pass soon because it's really not much fun. Needless to say, while feeling sick to my stomach the last thing I want is food. I also have not worked out or surfed since Sunday?
However, I have a few things to post about anyways....
First off, I received my shipment from "Amazing Grass" I was able to score their 2lb tub of "Amazing Meal" for 40% off! Thanks to a coupon from the blog "Eat Live Run" Thanks Jenna! "Amazing Meal " is a really cool source of Vegan protein and superfoods ( Goji, Maca, Acai etc. ) I just mix it into my morning smoothie and you can't even detect it! Unfortunately, my green smoothies are the last thing I want right now. Honestly, it's been a week full of Bagels and simple pastas. I also made a really great "Taco Bar" the other night for Carlos and I simply out of leftovers ( I have not gone shopping for 10 days! ) The tacos were REALLY good!













*SIMPLE SOFT TACOS* VEGETARIAN
Sprouted grain tortillas
2 cans of vegetarian refried beans heated in a med pan and whipped on the stove top
Shredded lettuce ( I used Manoa)
Diced Onions ( I used Maui)
Chopped Cilantro ( I used Organic from Kapalua Farms )
Diced chilies ( I used Anaheims from my Garden )
Shredded or crumbled cheese ( I used Pepper Jack, however Feta would be really good too!) easily omitted for Vegans
Lime wedges and Hot Sauce Heat Tortillas and layer ingredients starting with beans and cheese! Simple!











I bought one of my favorite Non Dairy Dessert ever this week! "Purely Decadent" This is the BEST vegan "ice cream" out there!
I also made another really great simple pasta as well using ingredients primarily from my garden.













*SPICY LEMON BASIL PASTA* VEGETARIAN or VEGAN
1 LB dry Pasta cooked until al dente in salted water
1 and 1/2 Cups chopped Italian or Lemon Basil ( I used both )
2 thinly sliced hot peppers ( I used cayenne )
Zest of 2 organic lemons and their juice
1-2 TB good organic olive oil
generous amounts of cracked black pepper and salt to taste ( I used Australian Murray River pink salt )
shaved Pecorino Romano cheese ( omit for Vegans )
Cook pasta and drain water. Add back to pot and mix in oil, zest and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper ( taste now ) then add chopped Basil and Peppers. Top with Percorino Cheese
One more thing.....My gardens been doing great and my tomatoes are turing red! All of my pepper plants are dripping with fruit too!!! The only thing that DOES NOT seem to love the summer sun/heat is my Chard...I do believe this is more of a winter/cool weather plant so we'll see if it bounces back at the end of the year.
Well, it's 4th of July weekend and I do not have to work. We have waves in town too so hopefully I will be feeling much better soon:-) Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Could you be pregnant? That's what it sounds like to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not out of the question but who knows...I still feel crappy ( reason for lack of posting and eating ) I might go to the docs soon...see if I'm dying or something. Nothing feels worst than constant nausea in July...xo

    ReplyDelete