Friday, July 10, 2009

Easy Veggie Wraps

I love getting extra large tortillas, filling them with whatever I have on hand and making wraps! This is a super easy way to get a lot of raw veggies in instead of making a salad. A little trick I do is fold the wrap up like a burrito and then place it on a skillet. I then weight the wrap with something like a small heavy plate and sear it over med/high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. This way, everything inside sort of melts together and makes the wrap warm and easier to hold. I made a Mediterranean version today since I made a bowl of Tzatziki ( Greek Yogurt Dip ) yesterday and had some left over......

*MEDITERRANEAN WRAPS* VEGETARIAN

1 large tortilla

2 handfuls of mixed organic greens

2 TB Kalamata Olives

2 TB Tzatziki

2 TB Hummus

2 TB crumbled Goat Cheese or Feta

1/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes

squeeze of fresh lemon juice

*TZATZIKI DIP* VEGETARIAN

8 oz Greek Yogurt ( I used 2% Fage )

1/4 Cup cucumber diced small

2 TB finely copped mint

2 TB sweet onion dice small ( I used Maui )

2 cloves minced garlic

cracked pepper to taste

1 TB good organic olive oil

Mix all ingredients in small bowl and serve as a spread or a dip for Pitas and Veggies

WORKOUT - 7/10/09
1 hr coastal hike ( mostly flat land )
weight: 104.2 lbs





4 comments:

  1. yum! do you usually have the whole recipe yourself or you split it with Carlos (does it serve 1 or 2)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually eat the whole thing myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy, quick question! How do you ensure that the wrap doesn't get soggy? When I make wraps, the tortilla gets all wet from my ingredients so was wondering if you have a trick for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel:-) I usually lay the greens down first. It really seems to help but I eat the wraps so fast that they don't have much time to get soggy :-)

    ReplyDelete