Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back to the Grind

I decided to get the workout over with first thing this morning. I have been feeling much MUCH better over the last 2 days so I figured I should add some extra time to my cardio routine. I also did some upper body weights and was out of there by 10 a.m to enjoy the rest of my day.
Such a pretty morning it was on Maui today! Lot's of sun, the trade winds were blowing however the surf looked a bit junkie. So instead of heading down to Lahaina with my board I grabbed a beach towel and Natalia Rose's new book and laid out on Kaanapali Beach for 2 hours. This is something I rarely do.....hang out in Kaanapali that is. Kaanapali Beach ( or Dig Me Beach ) is where all the major hotels are on the West Side of the island. It also supports a large outdoor mall and several busy restaurants as well. Parking is a bitch in Kaanapali so I gave in and parked at Whaler's Village ( aka: the mall ). The parking lot is crowded and "free" BUT to get "free" parking they get you by making you spend $15 at the mall. This annoys the hell out of me. They've managed to make one of the best beaches on the island almost inaccessible to us local islanders....lame. BUT Kaanapali Beach is a BEAUTIFUL white sand beach with clear topaz colored water and it's a perfect beach to lay out on, people watch and read a book. So, when it was time for me to get out of the sun I stopped into the "Tommy Bahama" store and bought myself some Latin Music CD for $15. Not the worst thing in the world I guess:-)
Well, Sunday is my Monday so here I am "working" at the gallery. I'm off at 10 pm and I hid a pint of "Purely Decadent" Coconut Milk vegan ice cream in the back of the freezer for later. Hopefully Carlos has not spotted it behind the bag of frozen kale and blueberries! hehehe
WORKOUT LOG
40 min Elliptical Machine level 7
3 sets of 12 seated shoulder press with 10 LB
3 sets of 10 chest flys with 20 LB
200 AB crunches
Stretch
*I don't know what it is but I my cat Taj LOVES my gym shoes. Every time I take them off he huddles next to them. Actually I think that's kind of gross.....
FOOD LOG
BREAKFAST- After my workout I had a "Purple Monster". I LOVED THIS! But, I didn't put any greens in it which I should have I guess... ( Frozen Organic Blueberries, Frozen Lahaina Mangoes, 1 Frozen Banana, 1 cup Almond Milk, 2 packets of Stevia, 1 Scoop "Amazing Meal" ) Yummy!!!

LUNCH-small salad ( Baby Spinach, Cilantro ( Coriander ), Kalamata Olives, my home grown Cherry and Pear Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and a squeeze of lemon for dressing ) and "Ak-Mak" Whole Stone Wheat Crackers. You know it's funny....I used to scoff at the idea of squeezing a lemon on a salad for dressing. I used to think that people were a little bit TOO paranoid to add any oil or fat to a salad in fear that it would add too many calories. But I recently discovered that plain fresh lemon juice actually tastes REALLY good on a bed of greens! I guess it depends on the salad but try it sometimes and see what you think.
SNACK-Dried Mangoes and Salted Cashews
DINNER- ( at my work desk ) an exact repeat of Lunch but no Goat Cheese this time around
DESSERT- 1 glass "Murphy Goode Fume" and "Purely Decadent" Non Dairy dessert





















2 comments:

  1. I hope Carlos didn't find your secret stash of Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream! It's so delicious, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with that stuff! They finally got the coconut milk one on my island! I decided to be nice and share my Pint with Carlos last night. We had "Chocolate and Peanut Butter" That's the only flavor at the store right now. Carlos said it was the best thing he's ever eaten! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete