Saturday, June 20, 2009

Updating Weekend Food Logs

FOOD LOG - June 19

Breakfast-Almost Raw Granola Bar

Lunch-Asapargus Salad ( romaine, blanched asparagus, spicy pumpkin seeds, grated Pecorino Romano, rice wine vinegar, canola oil )


Dinner-Chili Pea Puffs- A loosly followed recipe in the Book "Modern Spice" by Monica Bhide ( I subbed Goat cheese for Indian Paneer and baked them instead of frying )and added store bought sweet hot chili sauce.
Quick Note: I love this sweet chili sauce but it is REALLY sweet. A lot of the time I pour about a 1/2 Cup of the stuff into a small bowl and add the juice of one lime and chopped cilantro. The lime cuts down the sweetness. Another pretty and tasty presentation is to sprinkle the dip with chopped peanuts:-)












WORKOUT
30 elliptical machine 30 min level 7
Shoulder Press 3 sets of 12
Chest 3 sets of 12



FOOD LOG-June 20

Breakie-"Green Monster" ( 3 cups frozen kale, 1 TB organic peanut butter, 1 cup almond milk, 1 packet of stevia, 1 frozen banana, 1 scoop "Amazing Grass" )-A new green smoothie recipe from the blog "EAT LIVE RUN". I purchased a green/antioxidant blend from an organic line called "Amazing Grass" that the blogger recommends as a supplement. The new green smoothie tasted REALLY different than my version but it was really good too ( BTW-you can't taste the green stuff at all.)


Lunch-"Joy's Place" in Kihei -Veggie Sandwitch (Sprouted Bread, sprouts, carrots, cucumber, 1 slice of Provolone cheese, hummus, tomato and veganaise). Joy's Place is a small deli in south Maui that specializes in whole/vegan/vegatarian and living foods.

Dinner-"Marc Aurel's" in Wailuku - "Odessey Platter" ( shared with Carlos ) hummus, tzaziki, olive tapenade, vegan dolmas, pita bread, mixed olives, roasted peppers, marinated artichokes and 2 Glasses of Babich New Zealand Sauv Blanc
We were on the "other side" of the island all day car shopping so we stopped at a favorite wine bar of ours "Cafe Marc Aurel's" on Market St.

FOOD LOG-June 21

Breakfast-"Green Monster" same as June 20th recipe

Lunch-"Everything Bagel" and real cream cheese at Hawaiian Village Coffee

Dinner-Amy's Organic "Vegan Black Bean and Veggie Enchilada" I was at work and forgot to bring food for dinner. I went to foodland and they were out of my usual Veggie Sushi so I decided to try one these instead ( 2 small enchiladas in a box ). I never eat frozen food or use a microwave ( I don't even have one ) but I do at work so I gave this a try. I was REALLY GREAT!! I will get this again for sure!


** I'm not sure what was wrong with me but my stomach felt like crap all day long...ever since I had my "Green Monster" breakfast?? I didn't feel this way yesterday so I don't know if the "Monster" is the reason? I had 2 Excedrines this a.m. too. Who knows??... but I still feel icky ( and it's 11:30 pm. I wasn't supper sick or anything like that. I still wanted lunch and dinner but just not too much. However, I didn't want to go to the gym before work because I felt so crappy... Yuck.....plus, I had to work on my day off.... double yuck... Oh well.............

No comments:

Post a Comment