Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Surf and Work Just Don't Mix


Sometimes it just seems as if nothing is in your favor....We woke up to a flawless Maui day but being Wednesday, work is first and playtime is second. Cruising into Lahaina at 9 a.m we noticed glassy chest high sets coming into "Harbors".. bummer..I was hoping it was flat.
Do you have any idea how freaking hard it is to go to work when there is surf and sun right outside your office? It seriously turns into the longest day ever!

Finally 4 pm arrives! Woo Hoo! ( yes, I know.... I only work a 6.5 hr day BUT IT SEEMS WAAAAY LONGER! )and conditions have diminished considerably.....high tide + onshore wind = crumbly crap! Note to self***don't sleep in Thursday morning
So what to do now? Go home, nap and then go back to Lahaina for Thai Chef!

FOOD LOG - I felt like I ate all day long....I seriously could not fill my stomach today?!

*"Almost Raw Granola Bar"

*Super Green Smoothie 24 oz

*Salad- Mixed Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Sprouts and Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar, "Almost Raw Granola Bar"

*couple of "Mary's Gone Crackers" Flax Crackers ( no gluten ) and 2 Surfing Goat Dairy Pin Ping Balls! www.surfinggoatdairy.com ( FYI-The best Goat Cheese ever is produced right here on Maui!)


*THAT CHEF*
1 Raw Summer Roll ( cold rice paper wrap, cabbage, carrots, mint, basil, mung bean sprouts ) with sweet/sour sauce
1 small ( 2 inches ) Thai Veggie Spring Roll ( same ingredients as above but fried ) I crave these......
Raw Vegan Green Papaya Salad
1 Glass Monkey Bay, New Zealand, Sauv Blanc

P.S. More good news! We are thinking we might add about 10 days in New Zealand to our Australia trip in September! I'm so excited for this unexpected bonus to our itinerary. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Australia! I could easily spend the whole 3 1/2 weeks there. However, I've already been there 2 times in 3 yrs so adding a whole different country to our trip sounds awesome! Anyone been ??? Can't wait to drink the wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment