Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello Monday


Aloha my friends:-) Happy Monday! I'm back to work today after playing "nurse" all weekend. I felt bad leaving the boy to fend for himself with his awful back but I had no choice. Luckily he did make it into the Docs and it looks like he is suffering from classic back spasms. He's going to have to stay out of the water and off his feet for a bit so he can heal up. I want him strong and healthy for our upcoming surf trip in September and I'm sure I'll get no arguments from him on that account!
I was not able to make my weekly pilgrimage to a farmer's market or big health food store this weekend ( because I live on an island and they are an hour away ) so I'm making due with my staples at home...I've been suffering from a tight back too ( we must be getting old ) after my injury last week surfing so yesterday and today I stuck with the Elliptical Machine at the gym.

FOOD LOG

Breakie-24 oz. Super Green Smoothie ( coconut water, kale, green apple, 3 packets of Stevia, juice of 1 lemon )
Lunch-Foodland made Veggie ( Avo and Cucumber ) Sushi Roll- because it is cheaper than Thai Chef's Green Papaya Salad ( $5 vs about $10 )














Snack-Homemade Garlic and Cayenne Salsa with "Kettle Corn" Organic corn tortilla chips ( $1.99 for the large bag of chips! Unheard of in the islands!


Dinner-Caesar Salad ( sort of...) All I wanted tonight was a big cold simple salad. I'm seriously out of everything produce wise so I made a huge salad out of a whole head of Romaine ( Cos ) and Paul Newmans' Oil and Vinegar Dressing( the BEST go to salad dressing on the market! ) and some grated Pecorino Romano Cheese**.
I then crumbled some "Mary's Gone Crackers" Flax seed crackers on top as mock croutons....perfect!
Oh! and a Glass of Monkey Bay Sauv Blanc!

WORKOUT
Elliptical Machine level 8, 30 minutes
200 crunches and lots of leg and back stretches

Quick Note**
I almost ALWAYS sub Pecorino Romano Cheese in for Parmesan Cheese for a couple of reasons.
1. It's stronger, saltier and sharper so I don't use as much
2. It's usually half the price of Parm. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment