Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updating Food Log

Long Tuesday at the gallery....Lot's of marketing to do and emailing. I didn't make it in the ocean or to the gym today but I booked Carlos and I 1 hour massages at Maui Zen Day Spa after work. We are both suffering from bad backs and I figured this might help....
Since, I was so busy at work I didn't get to order any lunch. Good thing I brought a granola bar in! By the time I got home ( 6pm ) I was starving and quickly threw dinner together in 20 minutes with stuff from the pantry and garden. I SOOOO HAVE TO GET TO A HEALTH FOOD STORE SOON! I'm running out of all my veggies and fruit rations.
In spite of this...dinner was really good. We both went back for seconds. I made a healthier version of a vodka sauce ( minus the vodka and cream ) and I'm SUPER stuffed right now!

FOOD LOG

Breakfast-24 oz Super Green Smoothie ( Kale, juice of 1 lemon, stevia, coconut water, green apple )

















Lunch-(super light today) "Almost Raw Granola Bar" recipe on 5/28/09 THESE ARE SOOOOO GOOD!












Dinner- Pasta (sorry, we ate it before I got a pic..... but it was really pretty) We also shared a half bottle of Monkey Bay Sauv. Blanc

ALMOST HOMEMADE "Creamy Penne Marinara" VEGETARIAN

1 LB of Organic Wheat Pasta cooked for 11 min with salted water.
1 Jar Tomato Basil Sauce ( Classico Brand )

**Add below ingredients to sauce on stove top in large pot (med heat)
1 TB Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup of Goat Cheese

Stir until Goat Cheese is incorporated. Mix in cooked Penne. Top with lots of fresh chopped Basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment