Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quick Update

I want to apologize in advance but I'm having some issues placing photo's on my blog and adding color fonts?? I'm not sure what happened and I'm hardly computer savvy so I need to wait until Carlos can look at it for me ( he's the techie not me )....However, I want to post my Food and Exercise log so that they don't get backed up.
First of all, I'm still dealing with some heavy VOG, heat and humidity over here so I haven't had much of an appetite ( not normal ) but here you go anyways

FOOD LOG

* "Almost Raw Homemade Granola Bar" I got this recipe from the blog-"Eat Live Run" but added some extra ingredients of my own. So good!! see below
* "Carlos's Favorite Banana Chocolate Smoothie" see early post from today
* Cheeze-Its ( ummmm totally processed but freaking great!), green olives and a Berry Vodka Martini at my girlfriends house ( had to go see her new kitten!! )
* 5 "Indian Dim Sum" potstickers from 5/24 post

EXERCISE LOG

40 min. Stand Up Paddle from Puamana Beach Park to Shark Pit and back
30 min. Elliptical Machine level 7
4 sets of 50 Abdominal crunches
3 sets of 10 chest presses
3 sets of 12 triceps pull downs
STRETCH!

RECIPE OF THE DAY

*Almost Raw Granola Bars* VEGAN
2 Cups Steel Cut Oats
1/4 Cup dried unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/4 Cup Golden Flax seeds ( ground in a coffee grinder )
1/4 Cup White Sesame Seeds
1/4 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs ( totally optional )
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Raw Honey
1/4 Cup Coconut Butter
1/4 Cup Peanut or Almond Butter
Mix all the dry ingredients in a med bowl then add the wet ingredients. Use hands if need be. Press mixture into a 9" x 9" non stick pan and place in Freezer for 1 hr. Remove from Freezer and cut into granola bar size sticks with a large sharp knife. Wrap in individually in plastic wrap but keep in freezer. FYI-These fall apart very quickly but they are sooooooo good!! Keeping them in the freezer will help but eat them immediately once removed.
I think this would make a killer crumbled topping for Yogurt or Coconut Sorbet as well!

2 comments:

  1. I have made these and you are so right, YUM. I did have a few questions tho!! lol
    1. I had to use rolled oats, I could not find Steel Cut Oats.
    2. I could not find any coconut butter so had to use coconut cream, not much probably 2 TBS.

    Is there anything about these that I have used that are any worse off for me than the steel cut oats & the coconut butter?
    I know you are not a nutritionist but just thought I would ask!!

    Also the green smoothie, awesome!! lol
    Have not tried the green monster yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there:-) You know, everytime I make the granola bars I add or sunbtrack something. I used regular Quaker Oats last time and they were just fine. As or the coconut butter over coconut creme.... I think the butter helps them stick together better b/c it gets sooooo hard when it is cold. However, I made another batch last night and only added about 1 TB of coconut butter b/c thats all I had left. I also added about 2 tsp of pumpkin spice powder to the mix this time b/c I was out of cinnamon. I didn't have any but Carlos had 3 bars b/c they were so good LOL....he's addicted:-)
    The Green Monster is pretty good but it taste way heavier. I think I like the light lemony flavor of my smoothie better:-)but both are really good

    ReplyDelete