Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend in Kauai







Aloha, I know I have been a bit M.I.A the last week but I had some family on island. My sister flew up from Australia so she could show her Aussie fiance the Hawaiian Islands. The first 4 days ( I had taken off from work ) we tooled around Maui visiting all the important sites and even introduced my soon to be brother-in-law to Stand Up paddle boarding off Wailea and Kaanapali Beach. Then they were going to head to Kauai on Monday. Now as silly as this might seem since I've lived on Maui for 10 yrs but I have never been to Kauai! Crazy! AND to make it worst Kauai is seriously only about a 35 minute flight from my house. Now, not only was my sister heading there but we had two Maui friends in Princeville for the week begging us to come over with a free place to stay ( and a car ). So, we figured it would be pretty lame of us if we didn't hele on over there. Unfortunately, with such short notice we could only take 2 more days off from work which meant we only had about 40 hours to see Kauai.

First of all, Kauai is ridiculously beautiful. I mean, " jaw dropping I think there is a good chance we might move there beautiful." We hit all the fabulous north shore spots ( Princeville, Hanalei, Haena ) But, the real treat was doing 2 miles of the Na Pali coast hike (Kalalua Trail, total trail is 11 miles ). I'll write some about that when I get those pics downloaded but for now I'll include just a few shots of the Hanalei and Haena.

*I want to note that I was dying to go to the Blossoming Lotus Cafe in Kapaa. The Blossoming Lotus was a wonderful raw and vegan restaurant that I've been drooling over for years thanks to their cookbook " World Vegan Fusion Cuisine". I had totally planned on checking it out first thing and writing a review. However, I was sad to learn that it had closed down just 2 months ago. Another unfortunate victim to this struggling US economy ( I'm guessing on that one....)

No comments:

Post a Comment