Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update on MRSA

Good news! MRSA is shrinking!! Day 3 and no sulfur pills! To be continued.....
*Food Log*
Breakfast-1/2 of a green smoothie
Lunch-*Mock Papaya Salad* 1/2 of a Larabar
Dinner-Raw Zucchini Alfredo, 1 glass of Filus 2007 Argentine Malbec. Awesome at $7.99 from Foodland.
Dessert-Nana's No Gluten Cookie ( I can see these becoming a habit! )
* Alfredo Sauce * RAW VEGAN from the "The Sunny Raw Kitchen"
1 1/4 C cashews soaked for 1-2 hrs drained
3/4 C water
1/3 C lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt ( I added more )
1 tsp white miso
1 tsp raw agave
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender using only 1/3 of a cup of the water at first. Then, gradually add the rest of water while blender is going until ideal consistency is reached and very creamy. This seriously tastes just like Alfredo!
Then, I took out my saladacco and made a large zucchini into angel hair pasta. I added some chopped fresh Italian basil from my garden and about a tsp of lemon zest. I tossed this all together with about a 1/3 of a cup of the Alfredo sauce. I finished it with some cracked black pepper. Yum!

*Note* I'd imagine that this sauce would be excellant "cooked"as well. Next time I might time try heating it up and mixing it with "real" pasta instead. It wouldn't be raw but, I think it would make a great vegan alternative to the real thing! Aloha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment