Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Strawberry Season!



Strawberries seem to be on sale everywhere!! I can't get enough of them too! I purchased some super sweet long stem berries from the fruit stand in Kula this week and Incorporated them into this pretty salad.


*Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad* VEGETARIAN
Mix of salad greens-baby Romaine and Manoa lettuce
handful of sunflower sprouts
Opal basil-from my garden
Mint leaves-from my garden
small handful of Golden raisins
1 cup sliced strawberries
crumbled creamy chevre ( goat cheese )
small handful of salted cashews
dressing of choice

*Food Log*
Breakfast- 24oz Green Smoothie ( coconut water, kale, ginger, Fuji Apple, stevia )
Lunch-Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad ( see above )
Dinner-We went to Thai Chef in Lahaina with some friends and we sort of shared everything. Thai Chef is awesome, everything is fresh and it is very easy to find vegan options for myself. Here's a sampling of what I shared with my guy. Everything was really good but I left a little TOO full which I usually try to avoid.....
Green Papaya salad
1 veggie Spring roll
Tofu Pad Thai
Thai Sticky Rice
1 glass of Argentine Mablec ( Gascon 2008 ) 1 glass of California Chardonnay ( Hess )
*A quick note about the wine* First of all, My guy and I are huge Malbec fans. When we were in Argentina this October we were scoring jammy beautiful bottles of Malbec for around $3-$5 dollars U.S.! Back here on Maui it's a little bit harder to find cheap bottles but luckily almost every Malbec I've tasted has been great! As for Chardonnay....I'm not really a fan. Especially Chardonnay from CA. I don't care for the smoky oak that always seems to come with a Cali Chard. If you feel the same, then order a glass that has been fermented in steel (not oak barrels).....Or order Sauvignon Blanc which is what I usually do. However, the bar we went to before dinner only had Chard and Pinot Grigio as options. Thai Chef does not have a liquor license but you can bring your own. With spicy Thai I think a Sauvignon Blanc or a Riesling would be a the best compliment.



No comments:

Post a Comment