Monday, March 23, 2009

Packing in the Greens!

Ok, I just noticed that my fridge is BURSTING with fresh fruit and veggies! So no excuses!! Last night after our "Sunday Drive" I came home and washed ,chopped and bagged everything I bought over the weekend. I made a "salad base" of baby spinach, red leafed lettuce, baby romain and sunflower spouts. I tossed all of these together and put them in a large zip lock for easy grabbing. I also blanched some of the super fresh asparagus and cut them into 1" pieces. So, for lunch today I grabbed a large portion of this salad mixture, asparagus pieces and added some cubed extra firm Tofu and Black Sesame seeds. I also made a large batch of salad dressing. This was after having a breakfast consisting of a 32 oz green smoothie ( Kale, spinach, ginger, coconut water, apple )....Good start for a Monday!
* Spicy Orange Dressing* RAW VEGAN
Juice of 1 orange
2 TB of raw apple cinder vinegar
2 TB raw blue agave
pinch of sea salt
Pinch of organic Chipotle power
approx 1/2 Cup of organic olive oil
Mix all ingredients and add the oil slowly while stirring:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment