Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kapalua Fruit Stand




Aloha! I'm not sure who exactly started this cute little stand but it is about a mile from my house in Kapalua on Hwy 30. I've been purchasing fresh organic fruit from it a lot lately! Right now we are in the middle of serious citrus season so it has been plentiful with Oranges, Tangelos, Grapefruits, Lemons and Limes. I've also scored on some Papayas and Avocados. Anyways, it runs by using an "honor box" system which seems to be pretty popular here. The prices are painted on the stand for each individual fruit and you are expected to be honest with your payment. I think it's a pretty cool concept. I'm looking forward to see what the the incoming Spring season will bring in? The Mango and Guava trees on the island look like they are about to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment