Monday, March 30, 2009

Farmer's Market~Honokowai




About a mile from my home is a small outdoors farmer's market open 3 times a week. I decided that I needed to check it out but with my work schedule it's always been hard to make. I was finally able to get down there this week and I'm happy I did. I scored some beautiful red and romaine lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, white Kula corn, homemade sun dried tomato salad dressing, sunflower sprouts and a sinful dairy treat....Passion Fruit cream cheese. Yummy!....It tasted like Lilikoi Cheesecake.
Anyways, I've been making a ton of salads lately......It's funny, during the "winter" all we wanted was hot creamy squash or coconut based soups but now with the shift into spring I think I've been making a huge salad every night! I'm pretty lucky my carnivore boyfriend loves veggies....cooked and raw because it really makes meal planning easy
*Hearty Salad* 2 servings VEGETARIAN
4 cups mix of romaine, red leaf lettuce, basil and sunflower sprouts
1 cup grape tomatoes halved
2 ears raw white corn cut from the cob
1 large cubed avocado
1/2 C Garbanzo beans
crumbled Blue Cheese ( optional )
several Tbsp of Paul Newman's Oil and Vinegar dressing ( best simple dressing out there! )
Salt ( Australian Pink Murray River Salt and pepper )
Toss


No comments:

Post a Comment