Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yummy Winter Dish

I came across some colorful carrots yesterday while at a local natural food store. They came in bunches of dark purple, orange, red and yellow and looked very fresh! I grabbed some and figured I'd make a dish with them for dinner. I did, and I think it came out REALLY well. All the herbs I used came from my own small garden too! I don't think the following receipt is all that original but here it is anyways:-)
*ROASTED ROOT VEGGIES* VEGAN
pre-heat oven to 425F
1 large Yam cut into 1" cubes
2 small Okinawan potatoes cut into 1" cubes
1 large Maui onion chopped into thick pieces
2 apples cut into 1"cubes
handful of chopped fresh herbs ( sage, rosemary and lemon thyme )
couple Tbs of organic olive oil
1/4 C organic balsamic vinegar
couple pinches of sea salt and pepper to taste.
***I mixed all of these ingredients with my hands and placed them in a large glass baking dish. They took about 45 minutes to roast ( I checked on them about every 20 mins or so and tossed the veggies with a spoon )
-I then cooked up some Quinoa and added some dried cranberries and golden raisins to it. Everything was great and I had a lot extra for my lunch today and probably tomorrow:-) Enjoy
!

No comments:

Post a Comment