Thursday, February 12, 2009

Workout Updates



Feeling kind of weird, tired, puffy? Maybe PMS?? lol! No, not yet. Anyways, I hit the gym tired yesterday after work. Today I still have low energy but I made some headway......
Feb. 11~
Elliptical Machine level 8
200 abdominal crunches
Weight machines
~shoulders
~triceps
~upper back
lots of stretching on a mat
Feb. 12
Surfing 1.5 hours 7'8" fun board~small waves 2ft.
Gym~
30 min. bike level 4
~100 crunches
Lots of stretching on a mat

*Diet Today*
Breakfast~Green Smoothie
Lunch~Lemon Quinoa salad
Dinner~Lemon Quinoa salad ( again! Had lots of leftovers )
sinful treat 3/4 of a Mauna Loa Chocolate and Macadamia nut bar
*Quinoa Salad * VEGETARIAN
Cooked Quinoa ( 1 cup dry ) add juice of one lemon and zest
1 drained can of Chickpeas or kidney beans ( organic )
chives chopped- small handful
chopped cilantro- large handful
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup golden raisins
Tahini vinaigrette dressing
TOSS and YUM
I was inspired to make this salad because of a beautiful receipt I found in Heidi Swanson's book "Super Natural Cooking" My version varies slightly because I had different ingredients on hand. I also added Feta....

No comments:

Post a Comment