Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Short update....

























I have not been able to write as frequently lately....Unfortunately ( and this is a Maui thing ) my Internet service sucks....actually, it's a problem with the whole street I live on. I'll write up a few paragraphs and then suddenly my MAC crashes....terribly frustrating. Anyways, I have not changed much in the sense of my workouts and diet the last few days. I've been sticking to the gym for the most part because our typically sunny tropical weather has not around. It's been super stormy, windy and cold..... YES! COLD on Maui. This has been confirmed to me by several tourist walking through my gallery as well! So, I think it's safe to say that it's not just me.......
I've noticed that I have been eating quite a bit of Thai Green Papaya salad these days....It's great but as much as I crave it I think that spending $13.00 for a serving with sticky rice and some peanut sauce is becoming an expensive habit. I'm ordering from a great little Thai place in Lahaina and the people that own it are so nice so I keep getting it for lunch....However, I think I might need to cut back a bit....( that's $13 before a tip ) I also think I could be making a better grain choice than eating white sticky rice every day. Thai sticky rice is different from the regular Asian rice like you eat in Japanese restaurants. It is soaked and then steamed in a bamboo basket and has sort of a chewy texture....I love it.
So today we are heading to Costco after work.....I'm going to try and stock up on some staples...esp. for the big guy. As much as I enjoy shopping at health food stores sometimes Costco is just more practical. Luckily, I seem to be finding much better organic and local items there these days....

No comments:

Post a Comment